CCFL/FLCC Alumni: Get Involved. Stay Connected. Make a Difference.
The Alumni Association invites you to assist current students in reaching their academic and career goals by volunteering your time and expertise in one or more of the ways outlined below. A broad variety of opportunities exist in a range of time commitments. For example, you might be interested in a participating in a panel discussion on topics of interest, a one day conference, or an ongoing mentorship to one or more students. Or perhaps you would enjoy serving on an advisory board or alumni committee or blogging about your career field?
Complete the Volunteer Interest Form below to get started. When opportunities arise that coincide with your interests, we will contact you. For more information, contact the Alumni Relations office at (585)785-1454 or email email@example.com.
Volunteer opportunities are defined around specific interests, academic programs, and student service areas.
- Provide advisement regarding 4-year college(s) you attended
- Arrange internship/job shadowing opportunities with your employer
- Practice job interviews with students and review their resumes
- Speed-networking events with students
- Share the story of your journey from FLCC to your current position in a blog post
Provide academic assistance to students in the areas of reading, grammar, writing, study skills, computational skills, mathematics, or science at one of FLCC’s Academic Support Centers. Academic Support Centers, located on Main Campus and at the Geneva and Wayne County Campus Centers, offer assistance with any course taught at FLCC.
Mentoring Opportunities: Athletes, Student Leaders, Veterans, Clubs/Organizations, and Academic Honor Societies
- Address a group on a specific topic related to my education, interests, and/or career (either participate on a panel or speak to a class/group)
- Provide career or education advice via phone, email, Skype or in person
- Assist with planning and/or participate in a College or Alumni Association sponsored social event that includes alumni and students
- Participate on an alumni committee
Recruitment Activities of Academic Departments and the Admissions Office
- Contact students accepted into the program from which I graduated to answer questions and encourage their enrollment
- Accompany a member of the College Admissions staff to a College fair in my area
- Participate at a recruitment event hosted by the Admissions Office and discuss my experiences at FLCC and in the program from which I graduated with prospective students (either on Main Campus or Geneva, Wayne County, Victor Campus Center)
- Cover an FLCC information table to distribute College admissions materials at a local event in my area
- For alumni residing outside of Ontario County: Provide info about FLCC to my local high school guidance office