Scholarship and award opportunities that do not require a FLCC Foundation application
The application process for these awards is not the same as for other FLCC Foundation scholarships. Students who will graduate in May or summer 2017 or who will return to FLCC for the 2017-2018 academic year may be eligible for one or more of the awards on this list. If you meet the criteria for any of them and are interested in applying, contact the FLCC department or individual or the outside organization listed or follow the process that is outlined.
Canandaigua Fire Department Student Firefighters Award
- Amounts vary: The Canandaigua Fire Department has been awarded Federal grant funds to assist volunteer firefighters with college education costs during the 2017 fall semester and the 2018 spring semester.
- In exchange for 360 hours of station duty, up to three FLCC students will be awarded up to $2,500 per semester for tuition, fees and books. Award funds will be issued to the student's account at the FLCC bursar's office, and distributed upon successful completion of academic and station duty requirements.
- For the 2017 fall semester, students will be required to meet the station duty requirement between May and December 2017. For the 2018 spring semester, students will be required to meet the station duty requirement between December 2017 and May 2018.
- Station duty can be performed in 6-, 12- and 24-hour blocks and will be scheduled prior to the start of the performance period for each semester. Students will not be scheduled for more than 24 hours of station duty per week.
- To be considered for the program, a student must be a volunteer firefighter in good standing with their home department, hold Firefighter I certification from the State of New York or nationally-recognized certification (ProBoard or IFSAC), and have completed one semester of college-level coursework with at least a 2.0 GPA.
- To participate, volunteer firefighters from the Canandaigua Fire Department will be required to take a leave of absence during the performance period for each semester.
- Students who desire to participate in the program must submit the following documents to Amy Pauley (room 1420 or email@example.com) at FLCC: a letter of interest; an essay of 500 words or less that answers the question, "What do I have to offer the Canandaigua Fire Department in terms of skills, teamwork and dedication?"; copies of all fire and EMS certifications; names and contact information for five references and for the fire chief of their home department.
- The deadlines for submission of everything listed: for fall 2015, is March 4, 2015; for spring 2016, is November 4, 2015.
Farash Foundation First in Family Scholarship
- Eligible students must be the first in their family to attend college. The Farash Foundation defines First in Family as a student whose parents and siblings have never attended any college.
- Students must be residential (CampusGate)
- Students must fulfill a community service requirement
- Students must be willing to have their name and image used for publicity purposes
- The scholarship allows the student to graduate debt-free and supplements a student's financial aid. The scholarship covers tuition, room and board, textbooks, and mandatory fees not covered by financial aid. If the recipient transfers to a local (Monroe or Ontario County) four-year college, the scholarship continues.
- Applications must be submitted by April 1 to firstname.lastname@example.org, mailed to FLCC Foundation, 3325 Marvin Sands Dr, Canandaigua, NY 14424 or dropped off to Room 1420. A guidance counselor's recommendation is preferred but not required.
FAME Advanced Manufacturing Award
- For students pursuing an education that prepares them for employment in advanced manufacturing
- The recipient is expected to intern (paid) at a participating FAME company. Students who don't receive the scholarship may also be offered internship opportunities from participating companies.
- Award may be used for any educational expense
- Applications are due to the FLCC Foundation by April 24 at 4 pm. Applications can be emailed to email@example.com, mailed to FLCC Foundation, 3325 Marvin Sands Dr, Canandaigua, NY 14424 or dropped off to Room 1420
Dennis Morga Memorial Business Scholarship
Deadline: March 31, 2016
- Amount: Up to $1,500
- GPA: minimum 3.0
- Full-time student
- Preference to students who intend to pursue a career in accounting, banking, finance, or viticulture and wine technology
- Student must participate in community service and/or FLCC extracurricular activities
- Demonstrate articulate career goals
- Attach resume to application
- Recipient is required to attend a May event with donors before receiving the award
- Contact FLCC Foundation – Room 1414 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Harvey E. Schultz and Esther M. Schultz March of Dimes Health Education Scholarship
Deadline: April 15, 2016
- March of Dimes will award two $1,000 scholarships for the 2017-18 academic year to students beginning their first year of post-secondary education in a health care field (nursing, occupational therapy, speech therapy, pathology, audiology, paramedical studies, and/or medical studies). Each scholarship is supported through funding from the Estate of Esther M. Schultz. Funds are provided in a lump sum and may be used for any education-related purpose (tuition, books, supplies, etc.)
- Eligible candidates must be beginning their health-related studies at an accredited post-secondary school LOCATED IN LIVINGSTON, MONROE, ONTARIO, SENECA, WAYNE OR YATES COUNTIES IN NEW YORK STATE.
- Click here for application
Professional Women of the Finger Lakes
- Multiple opportunities available: Rebecca Burgess Memorial Scholarship, Juanita Handley Memorial Scholarship, Sue Adkins Memorial Scholarship, Margaret and Randy Farnsworth ATHENA Scholarship
- Amounts vary from $500 to $1,000 depending on award
- Must be a woman returning to school and a resident of Ontario County
- Information and applications available at www.pwflnys.org/scholarship.
- Applications due March 31
The Reh Family Foundation Excellence Scholarship
- Amount: Based on full-time tuition for the 2017 - 2018 academic year, that amount is divided over four semesters
- The Reh Family Foundation in Fishers, N.Y. awards this scholarship to two Victor High School graduates through the Dollars for Scholars program at Victor Central High School.
- The recipient must demonstrate academic excellence, school, and community involvement, and have financial need. A minimum 3.0 GPA is required for second year renewal.
- Contact Victor High School Guidance Office
"Study Abroad with World Languages @ FLCC" Scholarship
- Each semester in which this course is offered, FLCC will award one scholarship in the amount of $1,000 to be applied directly towrad the course cost.
- Must be in good academic standing and have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must be full-time at FLCC unless in the last semester of study
- Must demonstrate financial need
- Student has not received a previous "Study Abroad with World Languages @ FLCC" Scholarship award
- Applications accepted from students in any discipline at FLCC
- Preference is given to students who have completed/are in the process of completing language study at FLCC.
- Must write an essay detailing personal and financial circumstances
- Scholarship application deadline is the same as the deadline for receipt of general application packet and the initial deposit for the course.
- Contact Professor Barbara Kruger (email@example.com), (585)785-1309
Tillman Military Scholars Program
- Amounts vary based on financial need and application merit
- Must be an active or veteran service member or the spouse of an active or veteran service member
- Must attend a 4 year institution in the U.S as a full-time student (can be attending online, if status is full-time)
- Apply between January 14-February 15
- Review criteria and details at www.pattillmanfoundation.org
- Contact Richard Gray in the FLCC Financial Aid office
Zonta Club of Geneva
- Female high school senior in the following school districts: Geneva, Midlakes, Romulus, Seneca Falls or Waterloo or female resident of Geneva, Midlakes, Romulus, Seneca Falls, Waterloo or those general areas
- Must be accepted at a two-year or four-year accredited institution of higher learning and attending full or part-time during the 2016-2017 academic year
- Must demonstrate goals and ideals similar to those stated in Zonta's objectives
- Applications must be postmarked by Monday, April 1, 2017
- The application packet should also include: high school transcript, essay (two-pages) stating your current goals and career plans and highlights of your community services, letter of recommendation from a teacher, one page resume if available
- Applications should be sent to Kelly D. DeMay, 175 Corporate Woods, Suite 250, Rochester, NY 14623.
- Contact Kelly DeMay at (315) 945-4224 or firstname.lastname@example.org
<< Back to Scholarship Categories